venerdì 18 ottobre 2013

 It's autumn!

Summer has come and passed,
the innocent can never last.
Wake me up when September ends.

It's halfway October and none came and wake me up!

So, instead of getting pissed, the other day I went for a walk and ended up gathering some rocks and tree branches on the way back home.

I have been planning an Eldar Exodite army since ages (pics will come soon, it's part of the reason of this blog's existance) and because of that I have some Wood Elf leftovers taking the dust.

But why start the actual Exodite Project when I can take a huge detour and start an High-Wood-Oriental-Elf themed army, postponing again the start of a cool work?



I have an old High Elven Mage, cheaply bought from a friend 6 or 7 years ago, sitting in the Wardrobe of Doom (TM) waiting for a better future.

 
Having another of these pretty-pretty-oh-so-feminine models painted with the traditional High Elven colours (on the right: I'll repaint her face sooner or later, I promise!) there was no reason to paint a copycat of the previous one.



 So, after a bleaching bath, I made her shine in her full pewtery glory once again.







I then decided to take her elemental base away -for a future project-
and make her stand on a tree trunk for a more dynamic stance.




 Next step consisted in adding some leaves on the floor.
I got inspired and put a twisted wire in order to achieve a kind of magical wind enveloping the caster.
Other small leaves were glued on the wire, trying to place the big ones close to the base and the small ones on the top of the wire.






There we go!



Painted pics hopefully coming soon!








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento