venerdì 11 aprile 2014

My Blood Bowl Custom Pitch: "Waaagh! Springs Stadium" - part 3


Once sand and glue were properly dried, I proceeded with painting a brown base over all the surface













 Sever halds were needed to get an uniform colour all over the field, due to the different basing materials (i.e.: polystirene, sand and sand+toilet paper).

Next steps: highligts with whiter tones of brown.


Then I tried out how some synthetic grass would look on the field, with a chessboard pattern,
but without glueing it yet.



 I started painting the white stripes of the pitch and the dugouts, while waiting for the polystirene blocks to glue under the... weight of culture!






And also trying out how a central mark would wOrk out better.






 What's a football pitch without ads?
After some internet browsing, I found many good ones!
Yeah! The field itself is done!!


Then I proceeded with the grass squares. I started with groups of five per time...

...proceeding with packs of 12-15 squares per time.






 That last dirty dozen of squares!






And finally! Green squares over.


Time to make the small water pond.
I used some DAS paste, shaping and placing it in order to look like a river's bed.
I also added some real rocks to better achieve the result.









 



Still byased on the central symbol: straight or slightly crooked? 




And this is the result so far:
 
 My unpainted teams call for painting asap! :P




This is how the pitch looks closed and deployed.


Things I need to complete:
-central Waaagh! symbol;
-turn and reroll counters. Their place is at the side of the dugouts;
-little water pond. It's stll drying and I'll paint it greyish with water effect.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento